To be asked like the question

No comments :

                                      
To be asked like a question
To be asked like the question

Today, I had to teach Rajesh Joshi’s poem based on child labour "Bachhe kaam par ja rahe hai",  in Ninth class. In an attempt to create an environment before interpretation of the poem, I asked the children.
Do you know, What is Child Labour?
Yes Sir - There was less enthusiasm in the tone of the children.
Sir Harsh also work as Child Labour - A child pointed to Harsh sitting near him.
Harsh's eyes bent down upon hearing this. I also noticed that Harsh is absent from school many times. I put my hands on Harsh's shoulder and asked-
‘Is it true, Harsh?
'Yes Sir'-His eyes are still down.
Where do you go to work?
At the gas welding shop’.
How much money do you get?
One hundred, my uncle also work there at that shop.
Who else is at home?
My elder brother. He is two years older than me. He did not read after class VIII. Now he works at a motorcycle mechanic shop’.
Iska Bapu bhi hai ji, wo pagal hai- this time the children spoke.
And your mother? I just asked.
She died years ago - Harsh reply.
Who makes food at home?
I make myself’. He was helpless in her voice.
 Children, even after being so young, he is fulfilling his responsibilities and studying, it is a matter of great encouragement. To cheer Harsh, I with the rest of the children clapped for him. After that I started teaching the poem, "Bachhe kaam par ja rahe hai" but I could not teach this poem with as much vigour as often in other classes. I got stuck on only a few lines in the whole poem.

"Bachhe kaam par ja rahe hai
 Kitna bhayanak hai ise vivran ki tarah likha jana
 likha jana chahiye ise swaal ki tarah
 kaam par kyon ja rahe hai bachhe?”

 But I could not understand whom should I ask this question?

No comments :